Saturday, October 5, 2013

So What's Next? - Over Halfway to Private Pilot!

Totaling up my logbook today, I realized that I am more than halfway into my private pilot training! If you have been reading on this site, you've seen some of the great experiences I've been lucky to have and some of the things I've learned along the way. If you click on: Flight Training, Tips, and Advice, you can see every major event I've gone through since the beginning of my pilot training. 



So what's next?...

Here are just a few of the things I've done so far in my training: 


My goal is to complete my Private Pilot Training and receive the license on or around my 17th Birthday, this February (2014). Here is what I have left to do in order to get the full license:

  • Finish instrument training
  • Night flying
  • More solo cross country flights
  • A "long" solo cross country flight (over 150nm and into 3 airports)
  • Pass the FAA Written Exam (not taken yet)
  • Pass the private pilot oral and flight test



As of now, I have 23.6 hours total flight time including 6 solo flight hours. To complete my Private Pilot training, I have to have a total of 40 hours flight time (there are sub-requirements within this hour total). In this, I will now be flying an average of 1 hour per week in order to complete my training on time. I can't wait to have my full Private Pilot's License! 


Every time I get up into the air, I start to feel more and more like a "real" pilot. I'm so grateful for the incredible opportunity I have in flying, it's really making me into who I am as a person. 



Thanks so much for reading! More articles to come soon!,
-Swayne Martin

Twitter: @MartinsAviation
Email Me: swaynem13@gmail.com

So what do I look forward to the most with the Private Pilot's License?... Finally being able to fly with these people!: 




2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me Swayne. I wanted to become a pilot before but after reading this blog I asked my dad about it( I'm only 14) and he agrees with it completely. I'm always nervous about telling my parents big decisions. Apparently my dad knows a guy who is a crop duster and works for him since he is a manager of an orange grove. The guy has an instructor's degree and is willing to take me on a test flight for free! I am very excited and cannot wait. I'm so ready to get into the sky.

    - Andrew Ingram a.k.a Tigerscar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for another great comment Andrew! Watch this video and think about showing it to your parents:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDz91J2UxGE

      Delete

Thanks for your comment; I really appreciate it! Glad you are here with me on the blog. If your comment does not appear right away, it will after verification.

Many Thanks, Happy Flying,
Swayne Martin