Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My First Aviation Job - Writer/Producer for Boldmethod Flight Training!

Happy to announce my first job in the aviation world! As of a few days ago, I was hired by the Boldmethod Team to work as a writer/producer for their website. I'm excited to be a part of the movement to revolutionize the way aviation training works. In a modern, technological era, the next generation of pilots should have the opportunity to utilize the best online training methods. 


After having used the Aviation Weather Training Course, I see real potential in Boldmethod's online training. They're revolutionizing an industry that pushes out dull, non-interactive content. Some of the other methods I've used in my own training are too stagnant in nature, not allowing for interaction that makes learning fun and effective. 

Check out my profile on the Boldmethod site: Swayne Martin
The "Swayne Martin Welcome Article:" Click Here

We really hit the ground running during these first few days I came to work with them. We created a Boeing 777 Infographic, since the Triple-7 is something on everyone's mind in the wake of the MH370 disappearance. Instead of focusing on a safety record or crash history, we decided to show you how amazing the 777 aircraft is and how much it has accomplished since it first flew in 1994. Check it out!: 




And don't worry, even though I'm now a writer at Boldmethod, I'll still have frequent (if not more!) posts to push right here, on "From Private to Professional Pilot." This job is going to give me the opportunity to learn a whole lot more about aviation, from the inside of the industry. I can't wait to see what comes next! 

Later today, I'm flying my first ever solo flight in a Cessna 172 (N9525V). On Wednesday, I'm driving to Indiana for a Purdue College visit, to check out their aviation program! Lots of exciting stuff going on! 

Thanks for reading,
-Swayne Martin 
Twitter: @MartinsAviation


2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Swayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's refreshing to see people so driven to learn more about aviation. I think many people have a general interest in flying, but don't feel it is in their reach to pursue. I will say though, while learning definitely needs to be fun and I can back that all they way, it does get to a point where it comes down to learning the material one way or another and properly even if sacrificing the fun aspect. Either way, congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I really appreciate it! Glad you are here with me on the blog. If your comment does not appear right away, it will after verification.

Many Thanks, Happy Flying,
Swayne Martin