The plan was for my brother and me to fly on US Airways through Charlotte International Airport (CLT) and meet our dad at LAX. He was already here for some business. This was to be the first time I'd flown with my younger brother without parents. We were pretty excited!
Yesterday, on Monday, we got ready and headed out the the airport in the later afternoon for our first flight from RIC to CLT. Sitting at the gate, I was pretty surprised to see a special livery A319 heading towards us. It was the US Airways Piedmont themed A319! I knew it was something special for Richmond when the gate agents, ground crew, and some nearby pilots began to take some photos.
US Airways Flight 1047 Information:
- Flight: Richmond International Airport (RIC) to Charlotte International Airport (CLT)
- Flight Time: 1 hour (shown in a 57 second time-lapse below)
- Aircraft: Special Retro-Livery (Piedmont) A319-100 N744P
- Seats: 17E and 17F
- Flight: Charlotte International Airport (CLT) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Flight Time: 4 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Aircraft: 7,000th Airbus, an A321-200 N552UW
- Seats: 31A and 31B