Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone out there has a very happy Thanksgiving Day! 

All us of pilots should be especially thankful for the ability to fly freely in a world that just recently took to the skies. It's only been a little over 100 years since aviators have had the privilege to conquer and explore the skies, defying gravity in the process. 



I'm thankful for the chance I've been given over and over again to do something that so few people in the world have had the opportunity to do. When I'm flying, it's a special time for me; it's a time when I can forget about everything that holds me back on the ground. I don't have time when I'm up there to think about anything but being in the moment and staying safe. 



Most of all, I'm extremely grateful for the people that have helped me get to where I stand today. My friends, family, and pilot mentors mean the world to me, I know I wouldn't be in the same place without them. There are way too many people to list here. Chances are that if you're reading this article, you've played a key role in my journey towards becoming a pilot. THANK YOU so much for all of the support you've given me. 


Over the next few days, I'll be updating the blog more frequently. In the days before Thanksgiving Break, teachers were cramming in extra work and tests, so I didn't have any time to publish any updates. 

Stay tuned for more to come soon, have a great holiday!
-Swayne Martin 
Twitter: @MartinsAviation



P.S... going on my first "VFR Flight Following" flight (ATC coverage) with an instructor tomorrow, will have an article summarizing the experience.  


2 comments:

  1. Swayne, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Stay warm and safe this weekend and always hold the feeling of gratitude in your heart. It will carry you far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karlene! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!
      -Swayne

      Delete

Thanks for your comment; I really appreciate it! Glad you are here with me on the blog. If your comment does not appear right away, it will after verification.

Many Thanks, Happy Flying,
Swayne Martin