Monday, March 18, 2013

Flight Report: Flying From Los Angeles LAX to ATL and RIC on Delta 777

Waking up yesterday morning at 4:00am, my brother, dad, and I were pretty tired, but not at all ready to go back home to Virginia! We had such a great trip in and around Los Angeles for our Spring Break. Full post about the trip featured here: Spring Break in Southern California

I was pretty excited about the flight from LAX to ATL as I knew we would be on a Delta 777-200LR. The only other time I've flown on a 777 was to France back in 2010. 

Delta Flight 16 Information

  • Flight: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Richmond International Airport (RIC)
  • Flight Time: 3 Hours 33 Minutes
  • Aircraft: Delta Boeing 777-200LR N702DN "The Spirit of Atlanta"
  • Seats: 52A and 52B

Delta 777-200LR "The Spirit of Atlanta" N702DN

I really enjoyed flying on the Delta 777, it was a smooth flight and it was nice to be on a large aircraft again. Having in-flight entertainment is always a plus too!

Here is one of a few videos of this flight which can be found on my youtube channel MartinsAviation1 This particular video is from taking off at LAX on the 777-200LR: 



The backseat moving-map

Flying over the Sierra Nevadas  

One of the economy cabins on our 777 Flight


Delta Flight 1198 Information

  • Flight: From Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport (ATL) to Richmond International Airport (RIC)
  • Flight Time: 1 hour
  • Aircraft: Delta MD-90 N918DH
  • Seats: 39D and 39E
After a great, warm vacation in California, we were sad to be boarding this plane; returning to cold Richmond. I checked with the gate agent and got our (me and my brother's) seats switched so that we could sit next to each other. We were put in the last row, with no window. Overall it wasn't too bad though, we slept most of the time. We were so tired after having been up since 4am!

Delta MD-90 N918DH

Thanks for reading a watching! Have a great week!
Swayne Martin
Martins Aviation / From Private to Professional Pilot
Twitter: @MartinsAviation 


4 comments:

  1. Swayne, you had a great trip and were in good hands all the way. The best. I am so glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karlene! You fly for an amazing airline, I've always had good experiences with them!

      Have a great week!
      Swayne

      Delete
  2. Haha, so you got fed up with MY airline, and switched to Karlene's for the flight home, eh? LOL!!!

    Cool pics n vids onboard...I esp. like your seatback flight screen--great idea for a pic!

    Swayne, I am chomping at the bit to play with my brand new GoPro 3, Black edition...just ordered it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha noo, my dad booked Delta back, not sure why. But I was pretty thrilled to fly on the 777!

      Thanks so much Eric, it'll be great to see your new videos with the GoPro 3 Black! I hope you upload lots of cool footage!

      Swayne Martin

      Delete

Thanks for your comment; I really appreciate it! Glad you are here with me on the blog. If your comment does not appear right away, it will after verification.

Many Thanks, Happy Flying,
Swayne Martin